Williamsburg Public Library
Employment Opportunity - Library Director
The Williamsburg Public Library is seeking a motivated applicant with good communication skills to help us execute daily activities as well as plan for the future. Applicants must also be creative, energetic, and enthusiastic about promoting a positive community spirit. The Library Director reports to a nine member Board of Trustees and serves as chief executive officer of the library, manages the facility, a staff of four people (2.875 FTE), the library finances, and all aspects of operations.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Managing the Library’s building, grounds, and equipment in order to maintain a clean, safe, attractive, and functional public institution.
* Managing the Library’s collections so that the public may benefit from a developed body of materials that exhibits the depth, timeliness, diversity and means of access necessary to most user interests.
* Planning and managing the Library’s expenditures and revenues.
* Supervising the Library staff and others involved in work at the library.
* Providing for the general administration of the Library as chief agent of the Board of Trustees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Understanding of core library principles and the ability to advocate for libraries.
* Proven leadership ability with strong organizational and coordination skills.
* Capability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
* Technologically competent with the capability to take proactive actions.
* Propensity for establishing and maintaining relationships with Library Trustees, Governing Entities, and the Community at large.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with three years’ experience as a Public Library Director, Assistant Director, or Department Head
Masters of Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution with Public Library Experience
A successful candidate will be able to obtain at least a Level IV Iowa Public Library Director certification within two years
This position is full time (40 hours/week) and may include evening and weekend hours. Salary is $42,848 annually and includes a competitive benefits package.
Review of candidates will begin on May 12th and will continue until the position is filled. Send letter of application, resume, the names and contact information of three (3) professional references, and a completed City of Williamsburg Employment Application to:
Library Board Vice President
Williamsburg Public Library
PO Box 48
Williamsburg, IA 52361
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Williamsburg is an equal opportunity employer. The law prohibits discrimination in hiring due to age, race, color, creed, sex, national origin, religion, disability, or veteran’s status.
The library has started mailing our newsletters to Williamsburg and the surrounding areas - keep an eye on your mail to make sure you don't miss it. Some of the highlights are:
- Senior Social Movie: Easter Parade - April 7 at 10:30am
- Library Closed: April 14 and 15
- Cook the Book: Soulful South - April 19 at 12:00pm
Find out what else is going on by clicking on the link below: